- A 7-year-old boy was admitted to a hospital after his mother’s vehicle burst into flames
- The car was set on fire after a young boy played with a cigarette lighter while his mother stopped to refuel
- The incident, which is believed to have happened in Malaysia, left the boy hospitalized due to some injuries, but his current condition is unknown
MALAYSIA – Workers at a petrol station was left horrified after a car was set on fire when a young boy played with a cigarette lighter while his mother stopped to refuel.
Kara O’Neill mentioned in her article for Mirror Co UK that the 7-year-old boy was admitted to a hospital after his mother’s vehicle burst into flames.
A video clip recorded in the petrol station showed the mother standing beside the petrol pump when suddenly flames ignite inside the car. The seemingly panicking mother can be seen running around the vehicle and desperately attempting to wrench open the car door to reach her kid.
The incident, which is believed to have happened in Malaysia, left the boy hospitalized due to some injuries, but his current condition is still unknown.
A similar accident happened in Jackson County in Oregon, where two young children were left in a hot car and accidentally sets the vehicle on fire.
An article by Andres Gutierrez for KSHB said that the kids’ father, 42-year-old Jason DeCota, is now charged with two counts of endangering the welfare of a child due to the incident.
Police officials were called on Monday morning to the parking lot of Cornerstone Congregation Church to assist in a fire investigation.
A witness told the police that DeCota parks his Honda CRV, then ten minutes later, a man ran toward the car which started to release some smoke. After a few seconds, a child had stepped out of the car and the man pulled out the other boy before flames engulfed the entire car.
Police investigation revealed that DeCota went to the church to pick up his daughter from cheerleading practice and left his 6- and 3-year-old sons in the car.
Unfortunately, the boys started playing with the cigarette lighter left by their dad; setting the car in flames.
Reports said the children were not transported to the hospital as they didn’t suffer any injury.