Zsa Zsa Padilla calls off engagement with Conrad Onglao

  • Zsa Zsa Padilla and Conrad Onglao has separated
  • Padilla’s daughter Karylle confirmed her mother called off the engagement
  • Padilla and Onglao got engaged in August last year 

MANILA, Philippines – Singer-actress Zsa Zsa Padilla called off her engagement with Conrad Onglao.

According to an article published by Philippine Entertainment Portal (PEP), in a statement released through her handler on Tuesday, May 3, Padilla said: “We tried. It didn’t work out.”

The “Divine Diva’s” daughter, “It’s Showtime” host Karylle confirmed the separation and asked the people to give her mother time to process things and heal.

She disclosed that her mother moved out of Onglao’s house and moved back in her own house.

She refused to reveal further details of the separation.

ABS-CBN News quoted the 35-year-old singer-actress as saying: “I’ll leave it to my mom to explain,

The 60-year old architect proposed to the 51-year-old Padilla August last year after more than a year of dating.

Padilla said in an interview: “He grabbed my hand and placed the ring there and asked me to marry him.”

At first, she thought Onglao was joking.

“But then when I saw his face, he doesn’t get very emotional. I’ve been with him a year. I’ve never seen him cry and he was crying. So, I was like, ‘Oh, my God! This is serious,” she added.

Last March, Padilla said during the press conference for “The Story of Us” that she has yet to finalize all the details for their wedding.

She said that their wedding will be this year but it will be a surprise even for the groom.

“Sabi ko, akong bahala,” she added.

[I told him I’ll take care of it.]

Before Onglao, Padilla was the partner of the late Comedy King Dolphy for over a decade. She was previously married to Modesto Tatlonghari, the father of Karylle. They separated in 1987.

 

 

 

Loading…