- President Duterte has offered P1-M bounty for each ASG who escaped the Bohol clash last week
- Duterte said he wants the terrorist members dead or alive
- He also urged civilians who are willing to fight to join the hunt
MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte has offered P1-M bounty for 6 or 7 Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG) bandits who survived the Bohol clash that killed 3 soldiers and a SWAT officer last week.
Duterte said he has ordered the military to scour the possible places where the surviving members of the terror group are possibly hiding.
He also encouraged even the civilians to help and assist in the arrest of the notorious bandits.
“Ako naman tutal hiningi nila talaga ito eh, my orders to the police, and the lahat, and even civilians who are interested to fight and kill, my order to them is dead or alive,” Duterte said during a command conference in Bohol on Wednesday.
[For me, since this is what they asked for, my orders to the police, and even civilians who are interested to fight and kill, my order is dead or alive.]
“Kaya iyong anim na [So those 6 who are] maybe scouring the safety nets kung saan sila maka-landing [wherever they could land], I have a P1 million offer per person,” the President added.
Four ASG member were reported to have been killed in the encounter between the terrorist group and the government troops in Inabanga, Bohol on April 11.
They were identified as Muammar “Abu Rami” Askali, the group’s leader; Abu Sufyan, Edimar Isnain and another member who has yet to be identified.